When you find yourself at home, with just what’s in your pantry, the thought of what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner can be daunting. No need to be afraid, however. These creative solutions will save the day! Here are some great ideas for making great meals with pantry staples.
In particular, the easiest meals are those that are made with two ingredients. Whether your meal is vegetarian or meat-based, you can make a great meal with just two ingredients. Here are some ideas you can whip up right out of the pantry:
- Veggie Omelet
- Eggs with Cheese
- Pasta and Broccoli
- Chicken (grilled, roasted, or baked) and a vegetable
- Canned tuna and noodles
These types of meals are great, especially when you have many people to feed and are limited to what you have on hand. If you keep a lot of canned soups, frozen or canned vegetables, and frozen meats on hand, casserole meals are great to make in a hurry. While some recipes have lots of spices or call for a specific type of pasta, having limited items on hand means being creative with your meals.
- Southwestern Casserole – This meal includes canned beans, pasta, ground meat, onions, shredded cheese, and tomato sauce.
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole – Chicken, canned soup, and pasta are the key ingredients in this one. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make your own substitutions with what you have on hand.
- Beef Noodle Casserole – Ground beef, noodles, and tomato sauce are the primary ingredients in this dish.
When you look in your refrigerator, do you see lots of things but not sure how they fit together? Here are some ideas.
- Hummus with vegetables and pita bread is a great vegetarian option.
- Chicken salad made with leftover chicken. Add some grapes, apples, and nuts for a Waldorf salad.
- Turn leftover rice into fried rice with a little soy sauce, egg, and vegetables.
All in all, making delicious meals with pantry staples is easy when you have great ideas to work with.Back to all posts